James E. Johnson II
Of Greene Hamrick Quinlan & Schermer, P.A.
Board Certified Specialist in Elder Law
James E. Johnson II practices primarily in the areas of Probate and Trust Administration, Estate Planning and is a Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law attorney. An Ohio native, Mr. Johnson graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in Linguistics from Miami University of Ohio in 1990, and he received his Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1995, where he was a recipient of the Timothy Walker Founder’s Scholarship. Mr. Johnson spent three years studying and working in Southern Finland and speaks Finnish and Swedish.
Mr. Johnson relocated to in 1995 and has been a resident of the Palmetto area since 2000. He and his wife have two daughters and are members of Faith Lutheran Church of Parrish.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law – Florida Bar Board Certified, 2012
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
- Florida, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Juris Doctor – 1995
Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Bachelor of Arts, Linguistics summa cum laude – 1990
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Past Employment Positions
- Brian E. Johnson, P.A. 1995 – 2007
Professional Associations &
- Faith Lutheran Church, Parrish, former Elder, Member from 2000 – Present
- Manatee County United Way Resource Development, Board Member, 2008 – 2010
- Family Partnership Center, Board Member, 2008 – 2012
- Local Advocacy Council (Service Area 10 Multi-Purpose Council (including Pinellas County), Appointment by the Governor, 2003 – 2007
- Local Advocacy Council (Service Area 15 Multi-Purpose Council (including Manatee County), Appointment by the Governor, 2008 – 2010
- Palmetto Rotary Club, Member, 2008 – Present; President, 2012-2013
- Palmetto Rotary Club, Service Above Self Award, 2009
- Manatee County Bar Association, Member, 2007 – Present
- The Clearwater Bar Association, Past Member, 1995 – 2007
- The St. Petersburg Bar Association, Past Member, 1995 – 2007
James E. Johnson, II,
Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law Attorney
Greene Hamrick Quinlan & Schermer, P.A.
601 12th Street West
Bradenton, FL 34205
Email: [email protected]
Providing legal representation in the greater Bradenton, Florida area.
The hiring of an attorney for assistance with probate administrations, trust administrations, estate planning, Medicaid for skilled nursing, and other legal issues is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you written information about our qualifications and experience. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Simply contacting Greene Hamrick Quinlan & Schermer, P.A. will not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established.